August 10, 2009

Euroshit: Buttplug Gnome

Rotterdam, my favorite Dutch city, situated close to Amsterdam (well everythings close actually as its fuckin' tiny) Has not that recently placed a controversial statue in its city center. the sculpture, standing around 4 to 4 metres tall is called Santa Claus by Paul McCarthy, but is affectionatly reffered to as Buttplug Gnome. I recently met 'Buttplug Gnome' in my travels and thought it was worth sharing with the world. Why isnt it world famous?



This is it in it's original resting place, The Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum. But to move it to its current place in town (see below) it was.. get this.. air lifted. People complained about seeing a giant gnome holding a buttplug fly through the sky, causing controversy.



This is my cheeky snap of it, from a moth ago. Check out the Bus in front of it, in Dutch its a preachy J*sus quote. ew. Get away from my gnome Jes*s freaks.

Ive gotta say it personally turns me on a tad.

1 comment:

  1. confied to home as per unable to make any decision without panic.now able to make decisions and confront problems without the severe syptoms i experienced before taking the drug.

    ReplyDelete