August 16, 2009

Solange Knowles Snip Snip



Like many before her, Beyonce's lil' sis has joined the strange hall of shame that we're calling the Fem Shaved Head Posse. They should actually form a band. But has this D-celeb even thought of the ramifications of her actions at all? Samuel Oak investigates.

Accessing http://twitter.com/solangeknowles was obviously the first step. But all I gathered from this is that shes actually ok. I mean her tweets are funny and shes a fan of Grizzly Bear and Japanese food, how could I judge her shit haircute based on her Tweeter page? I cant'!

So I stay away from this and read trashy blogs, much like this one, but ones with actual writers, or at least writer monkeys. Stylelist.com say

"It takes a lot of guts for a girl to get rid of her hair, and we salute Solange for her fearlessness"

And Gather.com did a HOT or NOT special on the fashion faux-pa, making it a touchy issue. Their sassy bi-racial writer wrote ..

"Some of you may be thinking, 'Big whoop. A celebrity got a haircut.' Actually, it means much more. There's a lot of pressure in our society for black women to keep their hair a certain way. Straight hair is what is beautiful. I'm biracial, so I have what is referred to as 'good hair'."

Wait a minute fool! How does Salonge (however the fuck you want to pronounce this) invoke pressure to black women everywhere. Shes not even famous. Or a real person. In fact we know for a fact that Salonge is actually a space creature / robot hybrid that Oprah contols to do her evil bidding. I also love in this article how the writer monkey refers to her own hair as "good hair", i mean come on, modest much? Also I'm sick to death of these crakers being all up in other people grill about racceee and colloouurr. Let that shit go, I mean as this bitch said: "I'm not racist, I can go into an Asian store and at least find something half decent" (mX, tuesday). Can't we all just get along.. in a sarcastic and judgemental and hateful fashion?

So long story short. For Solange, it was a close shave (he he). lets just hope she knows a good wigist.

Now get out of my sight, you disgust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment